Sunday, April 20, 2008

All About Jazz

Well, the smoke has cleared for the moment and it's a idyllic sunny and 72 degrees. Not a bad mid-autumn Sunday...

Today marks the beginning of my stint writing for All About Jazz. My decidedly mixed review of the Charles Lloyd New Quartet's late March concert in San Francisco has been posted, and seems to have already gotten 127 hits (not bad web exposure). My first piece on the Argentine jazz scene should be coming soon, to be followed by an interview/profile of drummer Pipi Piazzolla, tango master Ástor Piazzolla's grandson and one of the leading lights in contemporary Argentine jazz.

In more terrestrial news, I'm moving. San Telmo was a great place to cut my teeth, but I'm ready for a change. I'll be relocating to Chacarita, a more residential barrio in the north, where I'll have a patio and considerably easier access to jazz clubs.

No comments: