Tuesday, November 20, 2007

More Jazz

With last Thursday's promising start in the Buenos Aires jazz scene, I'm upping the ante and hauling down to the lake district for the El Bolsón Jazz Festival. The festival takes place next weekend and features a variety of acts from the straight-ahead to Andean flutes and a Hungarian Ragtime revival band. I'll be blogging every night from the festival as I put together a travel piece on El Bolsón for the Argentimes. I'm also hoping to get a review of the festival into a jazz magazine, but so far my emails to Downbeat and the Jazz Times have gone unanswered.

In addition to featuring vistas of a bucolic valley and the regions august peaks, El Bolsón is very close to the small ranch that was home to Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid when they fled the Pinkertons to Patagonia. It might be worth a look...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Enjoy Patagonia. I look forward to your next post. We'll all touch base with you on Thanksgiving Day.

I'm impressed by the professionalism of your blog. It's a great way to capture your day to day thoughts, doings and musings. I'm sure they will form the basis for a short story or two.

Dad